May long weekend! Time to plant the rest of the garden (plus garden number two).
In our yard, we planted:
- Pumpkins (Sugar Pie)
- Butternut Squash
- Spaghetti Squash
- Golden Summer Squash
- More pumpkins (Jack B Little)
- Tomatoes (bought seedlings; planted some in pots)
- Cucumbers (in pots)
- Peppers (bought seedlings; not in garden yet)
- Melons (bought seedlings; not in garden yet)
In Garden Number Two, we planted:
- Carrots (Danvers, Nantes, Paris Market)
- Beets (Chiggio, Golden, Cylindra)
Will split the hives. It was a bit scary, but they were so full, the bees would’ve swarmed anyway.
I finally – FINALLY – cleaned the coop. Even though Ginger had already laid her egg today, she insisted on breaking in the fresh straw in her nesting box.
On another note, I’ve now napped three days in a row. I feel as though I’m catching up on six months of sleep deprivation.